Kids Kandil Workshop (Call for participation)
Diwali is around the corner. I'm sure some of you must have already started your Diwali preparations...... so how about extending these preparations to our MMSAC Diwali function!
Here's what we have in mind:
We want everybody(that includes kids, parents, grandparents, married/unmarried youngsters, etc.....you get the idea ;-) ) to contribute at least one 'Kandil' for decoration at the hall for MMSAC Diwali 2008. The kandils can be of any shape, size or color.......... let your creativity flow!
Have never made a 'Kandil' before OR don't have the time to guide your kid??....Have no fear, MMSAC is here!
MMSAC is conducting a KANDIL-MAKING WORKSHOP on 19th Oct, 2008.
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Mrs. Shubhangi Konnur
1527 Latherton Way, Folsom, CA 95630
Material required for making Kandil
1. Kite Paper/Tissue Paper of different colors. (These are easily available at any craft stores, Wal-Mart or even Dollar stores)
2. Lace (Gold, silver or any other color you prefer.)
4. Pencil, Eraser, Ruler
5. Scissors (kids scissors for kids)
6. Sketch Pens/Crayons
7. Stick-ons of different shapes - small (Tiklya/bindis - Indian/ the ones available in craft stores)
8. Thread (for hanging the Kandil)
9. Tassels (optional)
Note: Items 7, 8, 9 would be provided at the workshop if you are unable to get your own.
If you and/or your kids are interested in attending the workshop or contributing, kindly email me at email@example.com by 12th Oct, 2008.
Looking forward to a great response from you all.
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Kids Kandil Workshop (Call for participation).
TrackBack URL for this entry: